Acceptable Use Policy
This policy replaces the Whispir End User Licensing Agreement as at 1 September, 2014.
In this Acceptable Use Policy:
Content means any of your data including messages, mobile phone numbers, RSS feeds, web pages, web links, data feeds from internal and external systems and the identification of senders and recipients), information, text, drawings or other materials which are embodied in any electronic or tangible medium, and which you distribute via the Services or are otherwise made available by you to Whispir or which Whispir is required to generate, collect, process, archive, store and/or transmit under this Agreement.
Service means any service Whispir provides to you.
You means your organization which Whispir is providing Services to and your has a corresponding meaning.
1. You must only use our Service for lawful purposes. You must not use our Service for any purpose that would breach any law or cause us to do so. This includes not using the Service:
- for distributing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, code or program which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- to mount or attempt to mount a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
2. We do not exercise editorial control over all, and do not endorse any of your Content and we shall not be liable in relation to such Content. You are solely responsible for your Content. Your Content must:
- be accurate (where you state facts);
- be genuinely held (where you state opinions); and
- comply with applicable laws in any country from which the content is posted.
3. Your Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, vulgar, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- discriminate on the grounds of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- invade another person’s privacy;
- be likely to harass or alarm any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- harm any minor in any way
- give the impression that such content emanates from us;
- promote or assist any unlawful act.
4. If you breach a provision of this policy we may report such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities (which may involve disclosing your identity to them). In the event of such a breach:
- if practical having regard to the consequences, we will give you an notice requesting that you stop the activity or remove the offending Content;
- your right to use our Service will cease immediately and we may immediately remove all or any or your Content at our discretion regardless whether or not that Content has caused the breach;
- for any serious breach we may immediately terminate or suspend your Service.
5. If you have any issues with Content provided by any other person, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 05-Aug-2015 8:24 am