Whispir is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service.
This includes protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Commonwealth Privacy
Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of
your personal information.
which we extend to your personal information. It relates to personal information
that you provide to us through our websites (eg when you subscribe to our services
- How we collect personal information
- How we use your personal information
- Whispir Websites
- Personal information collected from our websites
- Other information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
- You can access your personal information
- Security of your information
- What else you should know about privacy
- How to contact us
How we collect personal information
Whispir collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, such as when you enter your personal details on
our websites (eg during registration or application for products and services),
when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting
agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under "When we disclose
your personal information";
- from our own records of how you use your Whispir services: or
- when legally required to do so
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- identify you and to assist you to subscribe to our website services
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in
order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are
tailored to your needs;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including
testing and upgrading of these systems;
Your personal information may also be collected to promote and market to you
other services which we consider may be of interest to you. Before we do so,
we will provide you with an opportunity to give us permission to send you marketing
or promotional material (such as promotional email offers), via an opt-in mechanism.
That is, we will send you such material only if you elect to receive it or if
it is provided to you in response to your request. You may also notify us at
any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by
calling us on +61 3 9654 8008 or by using the Contact Us page to send your request
Whispir provides a range of web-based services, either through a particular division
within Whispir or through one of our related companies. Most of these services
are provided on the bsite.net web site, which consists of five main web addresses
(known as 'domains') - bsite.net, bsite.com.au, bsite.biz, bsite.co.nz, bsite.co.uk
as well as other affiliated domains.
The marketing information provided on our websites will be determined by where
you decide to visit on the site. Advertisements will also be presented to you,
but the placement of these is not related specifically to any details we hold
Personal information collected from our websites
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you
use our web sites. Such information may include your name, date of birth, gender,
current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address,
bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and
your Whispir username or password. We may also collect details of your Whispir services
(including their status) and your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide
you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride
Our websites record other information as well. This information is used to improve
the structure and performance of those sites to provide users with an improved
service. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time,
date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software
that is being used.
Whispir uses "cookies". Cookies are pieces of information that a web
site can transfer to an individual's computer hard drive for record keeping.
Cookies can make using our websites easier by storing information about your
preferences on a particular website. This will enable you to take full advantage
find most major websites use them. Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept
cookies. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your Internet
browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above (under 'How we use your personal information')
we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Whispir. Where
appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections.
The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing,telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research;
- your representatives (eg your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness,
credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required
or authorised by law;
- organisations involved in:
- a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts
and trade receivables);and
- managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation);
- other telecommunication and information service providers; and
- our related companies.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Whispir takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information
we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However,
the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information
you provide. That's why we recommend you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as
your name or address.
You can easily edit or delete the personal information you provide to us on
our websites (unless it is mandatory information required for your membership
application), but to do so, you will need to log in as a registered user, using
your username and password.
If you wish to access or modify personal information which you have provided
via our websites, but cannot access that information at our websites, please
send an email using the Contact Us page.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions
allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an
email using the Contact Us page. You may be required to put your request in
writing for security reasons. Whispir reserves the right to charge a fee for searching
for and providing access to your information.
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored
securely. Transmissions sent to or from our websites are routinely monitored
for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission
over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect
your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot
guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from
our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own
risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its
Credit card information is among the most important data we collect. Whispir operates
secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of such information.
Credit card information that is transmitted via our secure servers is encrypted
in accordance with the highest standards over the EFTPOS network. For obvious
reasons, please do not send credit card information through unsecured email.
What else you should know about privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This
is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence
if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public
place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible
for the security of and access to your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information
over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat
sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short,
if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may
receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username
and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible
whenever you are using the Internet and our websites.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on LOCAL CALL
1300 883 895 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that
this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can:
- use the Contact Us page to send your questions and comments via email;
- write to our Privacy Manager, at GPO Box 130, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
™ Trademark of Whispir ABN 89 097 654 656